Monday, January 14, 2008

Recent Thrifting Finds

This past week I had a few days off work, and I was able to get out to some of the local thrift stores in Springdale. I didn't get too many things, but I did find a few choice items to add to my various collections.

Arcopal Blue Onion Mug

Arcopal Blue Onion Mug 2

This is a french Arcopal mug with what looks like a stylized blue onion pattern on it. I had to get it because 1) it adds to my mug collection and 2) I like to get any different variations on Old Town Blue that I can find. I think it was only 50 cents.

Glasbake Football Mug

Glasbake Football Mug 2

This is an unmarked Glasbake mug that I picked up at the Salvation Army. I love the football design. I'll have to bring it out for the Superbowl. :)

LP The Monkees

I found all these records at a thrift store in Springdale called Auxillary that I haven't been able to get to in a while, because they're only open on weekdays. Now that I have more weekdays off, I'll be able to hit this one up more! I found these three Monkees albums. The records themselves are pretty minty, and the cover art is in great condition. They cost me a dollar each.

Polaroid Time-Zero One Step

My last find was also from the Auxillary thrift store. I got this Polaroid camera for $3. It is from the early 80s, I believe. It came with the manual, but it was taped to the camera, and it ripped the cover a bit. I hate how thrift stores can end up damaging items with careless taping, or my personal favorite, writing on things directly with Sharpie. Why people, why?!

No comments:

Post a Comment