Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowflakes in January

The weather has been quite cold lately, and for several days I've woken up to find little bits of snow on the ground. Of course, the snowflakes that really got me excited showed up in the mail:

Pyrex Turquoise Snowflake 1.5 Deep Oval

Pyrex Turquoise Snowflake Divided copy

Yes, I've been on eBay again. I feel it was justified though, because these were a great deal. They were each .99 cents, and sold by the same seller so I got combined shipping. When it was all said and done, the dishes were only about $9 each - and they're in great condition with the lids. Not too bad at all.

Vintage Geese Measuring Cups copy

This, I have to say, is one of my favorite thrifted kitchen items ever. I found these in the "antiques and collectibles" corner of the Peace At Home thrift store in Fayetteville (which means they think it could be valuable so they mark it up). When I first saw these geese, I had no idea what they were. When I picked them up to check for markings, I realized the undersides of each goose had measurment markings. They're little plastic nesting geese measuring cups!!! Soooo cute! There were only three, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup and 1 cup. They cost me $3, but I thought they were well worth it.

Pyrex Promotional Empire Scroll Filligree copy

Here's another great thrifting find. This is a very large (2.5 quart) oval Pyrex casserole that I picked up at the Springdale Salvation Army for $5. The lid is really scratched and chipped, but the dish itself is ok. According to PyrexLove, this is a promotional casserole from 1965 called 'Empire Scroll Filligree'.

Glasbake Blue Onion Baking Dish copy

I picked up this little dish at the Samaritan thrift store in Springdale for $3. It's unmarked Glasbake in their version of the blue onion pattern. It goes with the mug I got during Christmas! :) Sorry the dish isn't very clean, all the brown crud is what was left even after I scrubbed it with Bar Keeper's Friend. When I get paid this week I'm going to pick up some oven cleaner to hopefully take the rest of the baked-on crap off. I'll let you know how it goes.

Pyrex New Dot 2 copy

Lastly, another eBayed item - the largest bowl in the Pyrex New Dot set. It was pretty expensive ($41 before shipping), but I was a woman on a mission. I tried to buy this bowl on eBay around Christmas, got a good deal, but it arrived shattered. It was the saddest thing when I opened the box and heard the tinkling sound of bits of broken glass. So damn the cost, I had to get me another one! I just sit around and hold it sometimes, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment